What is HGH Therapy, and Why Should You Consider It?
Human growth hormone or HGH therapy is prescribed to treat the many debilitating symptoms of growth hormone deficiency – even adult-onset or age-related growth hormone deficiency.
Who Needs HGH therapy?
A growth hormone deficiency (GHD) occurs when your body does not produce enough human growth hormone (HGH). Both children and adults can suffer from growth hormone deficiency.
Growth hormone deficiency in adults is referred to as “adult-onset GHD.” HGH levels decline as people age. Therefore, adult-onset GHD is often also referred to as “age-related GHD.” Despite its continued need, after adolescence, HGH levels in the blood begin to drop.
It is this drop in HGH levels that occur as men and women age that is usually responsible for GHD in adults.
How to Understand That You Have HGH Deficiency?
Any man or woman who is over 45 and not feeling as strong and vital as they would like to, could need growth hormone deficiency treatment. However, in order to know if you are a candidate for growth hormone therapy, you should get to know the signs and symptoms of adult-onset or age-related growth hormone deficiency.
Growth hormone deficiency (GHD) affects adults as well as children. Some of the signs and symptoms crossover between childhood GHD and adult-onset GHD, but the most dramatic difference is the obvious one: it is easy to detect growth hormone deficiency in kids, because they will not be growing normally.
In adults who have already achieved their full stature, doctors have to rely on other signs and symptoms that could point to an HGH problem. Such as:
- Weight gain, particularly around the middle, giving a “pear-shaped” body type
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Loss of sex drive and other sexual performance issues in both men and women
- Thinning hair
- Increased appearance of liver spots, crepe skin, and other skin issues
- Decreased immunity and loss of ability to recover quickly from sickness or injury
- Cognitive and memory issues
- Bone loss and osteoporosis
- Mood changes
These kinds of symptoms, particularly in people over 45, can mean your growth hormone levels are low. However, the only way to be diagnosed with age-related growth hormone deficiency is with a complete physical exam and specialized HGH lab tests.
Causes of HGH Deficiency
Severe loss of HGH in adults can be caused by anything that impacts pituitary function. Tumors or other disease or injury to the pituitary can cause GHD in adults, but it is the steady decline of growth hormone over time that is most often responsible for the symptoms of GHD in adults.
How Does HGH Impact Your Body?
Adult-onset GHD can cause any number of quality of life issues. However, most of the debilitating symptoms are caused by the impact that low HGH has on metabolism and your energy levels leading to obesity. Then all of the other health issues related to being overweight come into play, such as increased risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease.
Other ways that age-related GHD impacts your body include:
- Weakened ability to regulate body temperature
- Increased insulin resistance leading to weight gain
- Higher levels of bad cholesterol
- Increased deposits of arterial plaque causing a greater risk of heart disease
- Changes in mood with a greater propensity towards anxiety and depression
What are the Risks of HGH Deficiency?
Age-related growth hormone deficiency can negatively impact your health in a number of ways. In addition to the effects it has on your body mentioned above, GHD can also increase your risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and osteoporosis-related fractures.
How Can Men Benefit From HGH?
Growth hormone injections are good for both men and women, but men, in particular, can experience many benefits from HGH on their mental, physical and sexual health. The specific benefits of HGH injections for men with growth hormone deficiencies include:
- Growth hormone therapy improves fat metabolism and results in more lean muscle and less fat
- HGH therapy increases energy and vitality
- HGH therapy can give you younger-looking skin
- HGH replacement improves sleep
- HGH replacement increases cognitive functioning
- HGH has been shown to lower the risk of heart issues
- HGH injections improve your immune function
- HGH therapy can improve mood
- Growth hormone therapy increases libido and sexual performance
Risks and Side Effects of HGH Therapy
Like any drug or medical procedure, HGH therapy is not without some risk of side effects; however, most of these are minor, and our doctors will work with you to help you to find the best brand and optimal dose of HGH to keep any potential side effects to a minimum. Some of the more general side effects of HGH that have been recorded are:
- Joint pain
- Inflammation at the injection site
How to Avoid the Side Effects of HGH Replacement Therapy?
Your risk of any side effects of HGH therapy is minimized by working with a HGH clinic for men such as HFM that only prescribes the safest and most effective brands of HGH, and whose doctors have years of experience in administering hormone replacement therapies.
Who Should Not Use HGH Replacement Therapy in HFM Clinic?
HGH is FDA approved for the treatment of growth hormone deficiency. However, there are some people who should not take HGH. According to the prescribing information for HGH, contraindications include:
- A critical illness caused by certain types of heart or stomach surgery, serious injury, or a sudden and severe breathing problem (respiratory failure)
- Patients diagnosed with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) who are obese or have sleep or breathing issues
- Patients with some form of cancers
- Anyone with known allergies to HGH or any of the ingredients used to constitute HGH injections
- Patients with diabetic retinopathy or other diabetes-related eye problems
What is the Best Way to Take HGH?
For many years HGH was only available as injections. Recently some forms of oral HGH have been introduced, and others are currently in clinical trials; however, our doctors have found that HGH injections remain the best way to administer HGH therapy.
What HGH Brands of HGH are the Most Trustworthy?
Our doctors only prescribe the name brands of HGH known to be the safest, the most effective, and the highest quality.
The name brands of HGH injections that we prescribe are:
Omnitrope – is the injectable form of HGH from Sandoz.
Genotropin – is Pfizer’s brand of HGH.
Norditropin – Norditropin® is HGH made by Novo Nordisk.
Zomacton – Comes from Ferring Pharmaceuticals.
Humatrope – Is a popular HGH prescription manufactured by Lilly.
Saizen – Saizen® is Merck Serono’s version of prescription HGH
Zorbtive and Serostim – Serostim® and Zorbtive are injectable forms of HGH, both made by EMD Serono.
We pride ourselves on only prescribing the most well-known and proven effective, and safe brands of HGH for our patients. All of the HGH we prescribe are the same medication – somatropin, which is a synthetic form of HGH that is made from human DNA. The different brands vary only in their prices, available doses, and delivery methods, as indicated by the price chart below.
The Cost of HGH Therapy
The following chart compares the cost of the HGH brands our doctors prescribe.
Pen 5mg (without cartridge)
Pen 10mg (without cartridge)
FlexPro pen 5mg
FlexPro pen 10mg
FlexPro pen 15mg
Genotropin Mixer ® 5mg
Genotropin Mixer ® 12mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 0.2 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 0.4 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 0.6 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 0.8 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 1.0 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 1.2 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 1.4 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 1.6 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 1.8 mg
Genotropin MiniQuick Pen ® 2.0mg
Humatrope vial 5mg
|Zorbitive/EMD Serono||8.8mg Vial||$15000|
|Saizen / Merck Serono||
“Before I came to HFM Clinic, I just felt angry and irritable all the time, I hated it, but I just couldn’t do anything to snap myself out of it. Then I started feeling depressed on top of that, which was just making everything worse. A friend of mine who went through something similar suggested I contact HFM and get my hormones checked. Man, am I glad I did! I have been on HGH therapy for a few months now, and all of my friends say I am my old self again, fun to be around, and my wife couldn’t be happier!” – Randy P.
“I have high blood pressure, diabetes, and ED and was told I should not take Viagra; I thought that was the end of sex life till I heard about how HGH therapy can be used to help men like me with ED. It’s been a few months since I completed my HGH therapy, and that, along with some lifestyle counseling from HFM, and my sex life is as good as it ever was! – Robert S.
“I started working with the doctors and staff at HFM a little over a year ago. I was suffering from depression, fatigue, and low energy, and I just could not figure out why. After getting on a growth hormone replacement program, I am happy to report that my energy has returned, I am sleeping well, and I just feel like myself again. I definitely recommend HFM for anyone who wants to look and feel their best. Their customer service could not be any better! I am always greeted by name and with a smile, and all of the staff are always available to track my progress and answer my questions.” Stephen C.
Our Doctors Team
Meet our professionals who are here to partner with you on your healthcare journey.
How to Get a Prescription for Growth Hormone
It is not difficult at all to get a prescription for HGH injections at the HFM Clinic. Just follow these five simple steps.
- Step 1 – Get in touch.
- Step 2 – Medical exam – After evaluating your medical history form, you will be invited to make an appointment to see one of our doctors for a complete physical and medical exam.
- Step 3 – Lab work – Depending on our clinic in your area, laboratory blood tests will be done on-site, or you will be sent to a local lab to have your hormone levels checked.
- Step 4 – Receive your prescription for HGH injections – If indicated by your medical history, your physical exam, and your blood work, our doctor will prescribe your HGH injections.
- Step 5 – Home Delivery – The HGH injection kit that was prescribed for you will be sent right to your home.